Monday, November 12, 2007

WE HEART AMUSEMENT/THEME PARKS!

Along with the beach trips we took this summer, we also visited two amusement/theme parks from coast to coast. We went to Disney World in Florida on our honeymoon and while we were in California for the Johnson family vaca, we went to Knott's Berry Farm. I am such a sucker for amusement parks. I love going on roller coasters and crazy rides. I don't get scared of them at all or sick from riding too many. I think I found a love of amusement parks from going on so many vacations to Disney World, Disney Land, and Six Flags with my family growing up. Thanks mom and dad! Here are just a few (and when I say few, I mean lots) pictures from our summer amusement/theme park visits:




Tyler had never been to Disney World before, so I had to be the tour guide and show him around!


Our good friend, Mickey, looking our way in the parade at the Magic Kingdom

I think Snow White was hitting on Tyler, which is why she posed at the camera... He's all mine, Snow! Sorry!

Snow's friend, Dopey. He's our friend too!

"It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small, small world... It's a world of laughter, a world of tears, it's a world of hope and a world of fears..." (Haha. Now you have that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day!)

Lovely dancers from "It's a Small World"
Italian restaurant at Magic Kingdom, similar to the one from "Lady and the Tramp" who are sitting right behind us

Tyler was convinced that Jack Sparrow on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride was a human being, but actually Jack just looked really life-like.
Right before entering "The Tower of Terror," which is probably one of my favorite rides of all time (Side note: When the Romney family went to Disney World many years ago, Drew lost his tooth on this ride and then swallowed it on the way down when the ride takes a huge drop. Good memories!)

In line for "Star Tours"

After the Indiana Jones show


At Epcot (We went there last, on our way to the airport, because we knew we didn't need to set aside time to visit. There is nothing to do at Epcot except take this picture in front of the big, silver ball.)


And we did partake of the scrumptious churros at Epcot. Can you tell I am way excited about mine??!!

The flowers at Epcot are also delightful.

Waiting in line for "Supreme Scream"

MMMMM..... Dippin' Dots!

On the boat ride with Tyler's sister, Kelsie (Kelsie's husband, Phil, took the picture because he was sick from the ride before and couldn't take another. Haha.)

Picture with Snoopy!
Hope you enjoyed walking down memory lane with me and my summer! Come again!

6 comments:

•stephanie• said...

someday . . . SOMEDAY -- i'm going back to those places. glad you had a good time. love the shades which are larger than you!

chris+amber said...

I second that motion. It's even better when you have kids of your own. Hint hint ;o). JK...thanks for sharing!

Amelia Johnson said...

Knock off the "hint hint" about it being better with kids of your own... Or I will tie you to the Dumbo ride! Try me!

Unknown said...

i have never been to disney world. i want to go & experience it someday! when we were in florida a few years ago, we went to universal studios islands of adventure. it was way fun! and i love knott's too! it might be my favorite park because there are no lines! it doesn't have the "magical feeling" like disney, but still really fun! you guys are so cute! i loved all the pics!

Unknown said...

So I just found your blog and I am addicted to it.. I can't stop reading- it sounds like so much fun! I am so glad that you guys got to experience all things Disney.... so fun. Oh kids shmids...

Em said...

Good to see I have someone else to stalk now. Adding you to my list. We went to Disney World for our 1st Anniversary. I agree there is no point of going to Epcot. Not much to do there unless you drink but we don't so just skip it. Sounds like you guys had fun.