Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ward Camp Out

Yes, you are reading that right. Your eyes are not deceiving you. I, Amelia Johnson, went camping with Tyler for our ward camp out a few weeks ago. I know it is shocking news. It took A LOT of convincing, but we actually had lots of fun and got to know a few families in the ward better. But, don't you dare think that I am going to become an amazing mountain woman camper because I assure you I am not. I can handle the beach camping in California with Tyler's family and a camping trip every once in a while. But, I would not call myself a camper EVER, NEVER EVER! Thanks to my mother, I do not have a camping bone in my body. When I was supposed to go to Girl's Camp for the 4th year hike, I took a summer school class to get out of having to go. That is how much I hate camping. But, I knew when I married Tyler that I was going to have to branch out and be a camping woman every now and again. So, I was a good sport and went on the ward camp out with him, instead of making him go by himself, which he probably would have done. Tyler made everything perfect and comfortable for me since he knows camping is not my favorite thing. All in all, we had a pretty fun time and got to be out of the heat for less than 24 hours. So, enjoy the lovely pictures of a little place outside Payson called Flowing Springs.

Hanging at the Nichols' camping spot

Playing with the Nichols' super cute baby boy, Ethan, and trying to keep warm


More of the campfire scene with the Poll's, Johnson's (our next door neighbors and one of the six Johnson families in the ward), and Nichols' (who live around the corner from Melanie and Jake Veater)

More of the campfire with the same people (From left to right: Amelia Poll, Justin Poll (with some small child whose name I do not know), Mariley Johnson, Mark Johnson, Jens Johnson, Yolanda Nichols, Jaxson Nichols, Steve Nichols)

Our lovely personal camping area (with me brushing my teeth on the side)


Tyler thought he was being sneaky taking pictures of me brushing my teeth (with my SoniCare electric toothbrush in the woods) in the morning, but I knew he was right there capturing my sweet teeth brushing skills...

Peek-a-boo! I see you!

Overall, the camping experience was pretty fun, I guess. Minus the fact that Tyler forgot my Nike's on our bedroom floor and all I had on were flip flops. Good thing they have a mall in Payson (a.k.a. Walmart), where I found some pretty decent shoes for $20.00. We also had to purchase two pillows at "the mall" because those were forgotten also at our house. Next time we go camping, we will be sure to bring our whole entire house with us, just to be safe!

8 comments:

Suzy Cummard said...

WOW you little blogger. Welcome!!

Camping rocks.. wouldn't Steph say??

You & Tyler are so cute... I'll add you to my blog when I get there!!

•stephanie• said...

"Thanks to my mother, I do not have a camping bone in my body." That's my girl!

Anonymous said...

Um I was shocked when I saw you camped. I dont think any girls our age are campers, remember girls camp? We were awful and probably made everybody's lives miserable! All I gotta say is Emily punching the dummy while screaming and crying! Good times, but man I sure hate camping from those moments! haha

Cummards said...

Amelia Badelia! Haha just kidding, I know that is so lame and annoying but I had to say it. I saw your blog off of Suzy's and you and your hubby are so cute!

I have to agree with Courtney about the camping, my first thought was Emily at girls camp, WOW!

Our blog is private but if you want to look at it, give me your email. You certainly dont have to, but I'll still look at yours! :)

Calli O. said...

Yes!!! you so have a blog!! I love it. Meems.. can you send me pics from mel's wedding? My camera was gay so I dont have any... I wanted to give her a blog shout out but I was lacking. ps camping is good for you, brings out the girls camp spirit!

chris+amber said...

My idea of camping is in a nice cabin WITH running water and toilets that actually flush. You're a nice wife! :o) I haven't camped since Girls' Camp and don't miss a bit of it!

Cummards said...

Well I forgot to say who this was, considering there are about a million people in the Cummard Family. It's Sarah and Lee. Sorry if I freaked you out!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Oh my gosh! Do you remember me telling you I knew some people that lived in your housing- aka The Nichols?! I worked with Steve for a long time and his little family is so cute. I actually took his position when he left. How funny to see them!