Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving... It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

I know I am a little tardy on my posting... I apologize. But, just so you know, we had a fabulous first Thanksgiving together. It actually was really our first Thanksgiving together too. Last year for Thanksgiving, the whole Johnson family was at the dunes. I was one sad girl that Tyler was not here for that weekend, but we got to spend it together this year as a married couple. Who would have thought at Thanksgiving time last year that I would be spending Thanksgiving with my husband this year?!? CRAZY! Well, we did a lot of running around on Thursday for Thanksgiving. Our first stop was at Tyler's Aunt Fernie's house for the first round of food. Then we had to make an appearance at my Aunt Heather's house, but no eating was involved. Then, that night, we ate Mexican food at my parent's house so we could include my poor dad in our Thanksgiving festivities. Can I tell you that I want nothing else for Christmas, but for my dad to get better?! I would give back all the presents in the world for my dad to be able to be normal dad again. I think that wish for him to be better is on a lot of people's wish list this year and has been for the past 3 years.
Our first Thanksgiving at my aunt's house (Tyler hates this picture because his hand looks a little bit gay. What do you think?! A little bit fem... But, he is still so dang attractive!)
After Thanksgiving, we of course had to put up our first Christmas tree together. It was a team effort. Tyler's mom bought us the Christmas tree and decorations as a surprise. I was so stinkin' excited. All the decorations are so cute on our tree. I love it. I turn it on every time I am home just because I love to look at it. My mom's tree is approximately twelve times the size of mine. But, it's a cute little tree for two cute little people. I freakin' love Christmas!
Tyler stringing the lights...
...lots of lights...
In fact, it actually took six hundred lights (six strands of one hundred for all your math-illiterate people) to make this little tree look perfectly lit!
Then I put all the decorations and ornaments on. It was so much fun to decorate my own tree for my own little family. I loved it!
Tyler was attempting to get a few action shots of the decorating...
The Finished Product... What do you think?!
(Some pictures were taken with the flash on and some were taken with the flash off. I couldn't decide what looked best so you are getting lots of pictures of my stinkin' cute tree! Thanks Mona for the tree and lights and decor! It will be used for a few years to come, until we expand our family and house and have a need for a bigger tree to accommodate all those things!)

9 comments:

Darrell and Ashlee said...

Hey Amelia, its Ashlee from high school. I didn't realize how big this blogging world is. You and your husband are so cute. I love the tree, its so cute!

Unknown said...

Love the tree.. and you... and yes, the hand is a little gay- but he's not so that is fine by me. And yes, for the record- you two are so cute!

chris+amber said...

GOOD JOB, little Amelia! That tree is to die for. I love all the ornaments. The tree skirt, included. Now time for me to put mine up!

Jenn said...

That is the cutest little tree. I love all the lights and ornaments!

•stephanie• said...

i love the tree. i knew you two could do it. and your christmas wish definitely made me cry - no, sob. i'm right there with you on that one!

Anonymous said...

I love the tree! We bought one of those pre-lit ones and as much as I hate putting lights on, I really wish I could add more lights to mine because I say the more lights the better! It looks great!

Unknown said...

cute amelia! i love the glittery bulbs! i liked the gay hand comment a lot! ha ha!{i wouldn't have noticed if he didn't point it out!}
p.s. i hope your christmas wish comes true too!!!

ANDERSONS said...

Hey Amelia, I haven't seen you since Melanies wedding, I didn't know you were married thats awesome, it so fun to see people that you grew up with and see them get married and have kids. You guys are a cute couple. I love your Chirstmas tree, I love this time of the year too!

The Fletchies said...

I love the ornaments on your tree. It is so cute! I totally agree with you that it is so crazy to think a year later from whatever day that you are married. Devin and I still randomly say holy crap we're married aren't we? and its been a year and a half. BTW I didn't make it to your reception but I saw pictures and I still hear people talk about how adorable it was!