Tuesday, November 20, 2007

7 Random Things About ME

I have been tagged by Calli Ann Huffaker Overstreet,
so here you have it...
7 Random Things About Amelia Nathel Romney Johnson

1. First of all, my middle name is my maternal grandmother's first name. I was born on her 50th birthday on February 25th, 1986, so I have her first name as my middle name. (Amber carried on that tradition by having Tate on my dad's 50th birthday, so Tate's middle name is William, my dad's first name.)

2. I secretly (or not so secretly) wish I could still be a cheerleader. I cheered for four years in junior high and high school and fulfilled my life-long dream of being a UCA cheer instructor for three summers. I loved every minute of it and wish I could still do it. And because I am still close with my boss, Travis Neese (Arizona Idol winner) I still get to work at and judge cheer competitions, which still keeps me in the cheerleading loop and hopefully will for a long time.

3. Until I am forty years old, I will probably continue to be bitter that I never made the Euporea Dance Company at Mesa High. I auditioned two years in a row (my junior and senior year), made it through first cuts both times, and got booted in the final cut both times. And to this day, I still can't get over it! Maybe it's time to let it go... or not!

4. Mitt Romney is my dad's second cousin. So, yes, we are related to him. As my brother would say, "Mitt, '08!!!!"

5. I am IN LOVE with all shows reality. There can be a preview for a new reality show and I will think it is so stupid and that I would never, ever watch it. But, then the night of the series premiere or a new season, I am there watching it. I love reality shows!









6. I have been obsessed with Judge Judy since her show began almost twelve years ago. I used to DVR it when I lived at home and it would make my family so mad because they hated her. Now that I live on my own, I TiVo it every day. I love how she is so straight forward with people and makes them feel 100% stupid. I have probably seen every single episode, seriously!

7. I have never had a job where I didn't have hook-ups from other people. The first job I ever had was at Goody's Yogurt in high school (owners were brother in law and sister of my mom's best friend, Vicki Sherwood). Then the summer after I graduated, I worked for Universal Cheerleader's Association as a cheer instructor for three summers (received an application at cheer camp my senior year and made staff). I worked at my dad's office as a receptionist for a few months (obvious how I got that job). I was desperate for a job and Scrapbooks, Etc. was hiring so I interviewed there and got a job (both Amber and Amanda worked there before I did). The job I currently have is as an office manager for Pulliam Custom Homes (Pulliam's are friends with Tyler's brother in law and sister, Tyler and Kori Treece). So, I have been pretty dang lucky with jobs over the years!

Now I tag whoever wants to do this... Go for it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The thing about Judge Judy is hilarious! It's so funny that you record it. I haven't seen that show forever but I also love when she makes people feel 100% stupid. I love Dr. Phil for the same reason!

chris+amber said...

"Do I have 'STUPID' written across my forehead?!" You HAVE to start watching Project Runway...it's a REALITY show and it's so good. My personal favorite. They just started their 4th season last Wednesday. DVR it...if you have room! Jk...

Alisse Baldwin said...

You and your televsion obsessions- Ricki lake, Sally Jeese Rafael, Maury (back when he was normal), WRESTLING, and Judge Judy!! You are so funny. And Amber told me once she loved Project Runway, and now I am hooked. You have to watch it! I am also obsessed with ANTM. (Especially Nigel)

Unknown said...

amen to the nigel comment alisse! {amy & i love project runway too btw. love heidi klum!} i do not understand the judge judy thing! ha ha! i like a lot of reality shows too... why can they suck us in??? we know how dumb they are, yet still watch them faithfully!

Leah Fitts said...

amelia did you see what happened on the bachelor.... i am so pissed!

Unknown said...

I friggin love singing time. Oh and you. I friggin love you and that awesome cheer smile. I have to say that most of those shows I get sucked into as well... I think they are my kryptonite.... next to DDP and Asians...