Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Your Wish Is My Command...

So, because my mom has not been to my house since Tyler and I opened our wedding gifts, approximately one week after we got married, and she does not wish to come see our freakin' cute humble abode, she requested that I post a picture of my ridiculously cute kitchen chairs that I just received back from getting cute-i-fied. So, your wish is my command, madre. Here it is:

I know what you are thinking to yourself right now... "Where the heck did Amelia get those stinkin' cute chairs? I want some just like it." Well, you cannot have any just like them because they are custom made and designed by my one and only mother-in-law. Tyler and I got the table and chairs from their family friends, Elaine and Bobby Williams, as a wedding gift. They painted the table and chairs black to match our home decor, my mother-in-law had these seat cushions made at Mesa Sales, and she gave them to me as a bridal shower gift. She brought home a bunch of samples of material for me to choose from and I picked this cute design. Good choice, huh? I thought so! So, after having them for a while in our house, the backs of the chairs were not holding up so well. They were a wicker-ish back and broke easily just sitting in the chair. So, Mona (the mom-in-law) had a brilliant idea to have the backs upholstered as well, just like the seat cushions. So, she spoke with her friend at Mesa Sales and he made our chairs cuter than they were before. I didn't think it was possible. But, here is the finished product! You wish you had them! Aren't they just so dang cute?!

5 comments:

•stephanie• said...

thanks. and, yes, they are darling. can i have them when i grow up? why were you home in the middle of the afternoon?

nicole and kevin said...

YAY!! i'm so glad you started a blog. I was wondering when you were going to start one. And those are the cutest chairs ever. Oh and thanks for posting the taco soup recipe cuz i'm always looking for yummy new recipes. hope all is well love ya girl.
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I am so excitd you started a blog! I love keeping up on people that I would otherwise not be able to! I am excited to see your future posts! And I am so jealous of those chairs. I need some new ones, mine are still hand-me-downs from the inlaws that I painted myself-gross! Someday someday!

Jenn said...

I am totally excited to see you enter the blog world! I love those chairs!!! Can you be ever so lucky- Steph as your mom, Mona as your mother-in-law!

chris+amber said...

Perf! That's all. I wanna steal those chairs, as well.