Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yummy in my Tummy! Mmmmm!

So, being the awesome wife and chef that I am, I made this delectable, delicious soup for my extremely attractive husband last night for dinner. My mom supplied me with the recipe, which I believe originated from Karen Hatch. It is so yummy and ultra simple to concoct. I call it Taco Soup. The ingredients and directions are as follows:


Ingredients:
* 3 cans of beans (pinto, kidney, white, etc.)
* 1 can corn
* 1 can green chilies
* 1 can Rotel (I prefer Extra Hot to add a little spice.)
* 1 package Ranch dressing mix
* 1 package taco seasoning
* 1 can water
* 1 pound ground beef (or more)
* 1 medium onion (I omit this ingredient.)

Directions:
Purchase all ingredients listed above. Get out the can opener. Open all cans involved in difficult process. Pour content of cans into an extremely large pot.

*** WARNING: This recipe makes enough to feed an army and more. ***

Brown the ground beef, then add the onion to the ground beef. Once cooked thoroughly, add meat and onion to the large pot of soup. Let warm on stove. Add cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, etc. to top the soup. Enjoy!



P.S. Happy Halloween! a.k.a. the most pointless holiday known to anyone over the age of 12.

4 comments:

•stephanie• said...

thanks for sharing my opinion of halloween! i've taught you something good. i should have known you'd omit the onion, though you've eaten it here at home for years including the onion. and if it's not too much trouble, could you please post a picture of your adorable kitchen table and chairs. heaven knows it would be way too much effort for me to actually come to your house to see them in person. love your dishes, too. that's.all. ♥mom

chris+amber said...

I make that soup at least once a week beginning November and ending in April-ish. It's fab, cheap, and yummy! I wanna steal that bowl of yours!

chris+amber said...

Scratch that...I mean beginning OCTOBER...not November.

Suzy Cummard said...

Amelia... is that you????
you little WIFE you!!

I also love that recipe!! Esp. with the good stuff {tortilla chips & sour cream} added!!

Can it get cold so I can make it??