Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mom Rocks! That's All!

So, I had a fab weekend in Cali with my sisters and mom. We drove there on Friday, went to the Orange County Market Place, got pedicures, and saw the Newport Temple on Saturday, and drove home on Sunday. A good time was had by all. It was tons of fun to just be with the girls!
The first find of the day... a sweet wallet to match her already stylish purse!
The best find of the whole trip... Guitar glasses for Tate, who can't seem to get enough of the guitar these days! Good job, Manders!
What posers! I love this pic!
Awesome (not white trash at all) hats! Amanda looks fantastic in the one that says "Jesus is my boss. Amen."
The hat all alone (and probably stayed that way all day long)
Another awesome (not white trash at all) hat!
"Cheaper than Costco... Cheaper than Walmart... We're just DAMN cheap!" = Priceless
All worn out from a day of shopping for 7 hours at the Orange County Market Place
Mom showing off a couple of her buys of the day, a sweet Elmo shirt and the guitar sunglasses for Tate. Rock on, mom!
Amber showing off her buys of the day
Amanda showing off her purchases, minus the fake tree in the back of mom's carMe showing off what I got at the swap meet (Apparently I had a black and red and white theme. I got a zebra purse with red, a red bling shirt, a white swimsuit coverup, and a black with cherries cover for my flat iron for traveling.)
After such a long day, we needed pedicures for sure... (Well, Amber already got one a few days earlier and so did mom. So, they got their eyebrows waxed and Amber got a manicure. Amanda and I got pedicures and my mom just had a foot massage. Awesome! I LOVE PEDIS!)
The two pregos (Amber was a trooper at 37 weeks pregnant, walking around all day at the swap meet. I was impressed!)
Eating at yummy Mario's (My mom is taking the picture, but is still in it in the mirror.)
In front of the Newport Temple... So pretty!
The flowers were SO pretty and could never be grown like that here in Arizona.
Let me explain this picture, briefly... We stayed at this same hotel MANY years ago and they didn't have TVs with closed captioning so Amber could watch and my mom wrote them a nasty letter about how they need to provide services for the hearing impaired because it is a law. So, we saw this awesome sign in the lobby when we were checking in and decided it was a Kodak moment. They probably added that sign after receiving the awesome letter from Steph Romney!
All in all, the trip was so fun! We had never had a girls trip before and I decided they need to happen more often.
Thanks mom for everything! And Happy Mother's Day (yesterday)! You're the best mom ever. I know you would do anything and everything for us without even thinking twice. You're not only the best missionary mom (like Drew said), but you're just the best, most awesome mom period! I love you so much! Thanks again for such a fun trip!

8 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Oh my hilariousness! I totally remember that happening. I love that Amber posed with her hands over her ears. Too funny!

And it looks like you guys got some good loot! Hip Hip Hooray for the OC Swap Meet!

Unknown said...

Basically here marks the four most beautiful and asesom women ever. I love that you are all married and cute and go play together-- fun finds!

chris+amber said...

To say this girls' trip ROCKED would be a gross understatement. Thanks for the fun times, Mama & sisters!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of you guys - Mario's sounds delicious right now and so does all the food at the OC swap meet. It looks like you all had fun & I'm glad Amber got to go - I misread one of her e-mails to me and was thinking that she didn't get to go with you guys. Someday (when I'm not so broke), it would be the funnest thing for our families to go together!

r+s+a laney said...

Fun trip!!! I'm going there today, looks like you got some good stuff...i know where I'm going to shop:) Where do you guys live?

Amanda B. said...

Hey Amelia! Amber told me you had some pics from your awesome OC swapmeet trip. So fun! Hope you and Tyler are doing great!

Laura Blue said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a blast and found lots of cute stuff! isn't cali the best?! hope you are doing good and you're still loving the married life... it's great, huh?

Mariley Johnson said...

What a fun read that was. Thank's for having a fun trip so I could pretend that I had a fun trip too!