Friday, February 6, 2009

CHANGE = Bittersweet! (Picture-less Post, Sorry!)

So, I just arrived home from my last day of work at Pulliam Custom Homes, Inc. It is such a bittersweet thing for me. I've worked for them for 2 years and have loved it. They treated me awesome and were so flexible with my schedule and extremely generous. But, with the economy in the hole, general contracting/home building is just a scary field to be in, as I'm sure you know.
All that being said, I start my new job on Monday at Rollins & Petersen Orthodontics. We (Tyler and I) seriously count our blessings that I was able to find another job while I was still employed. We realize how lucky we are that we both are employed with awesome companies.
In addition to a new job, we will also have a new address in about 5 weeks, which is just another blessing from Heavenly Father (and apparently He answers prayers all at one time at our house). Tyler and I will be moving in with my parents in a few weeks to save some money so we can hopefully buy a house when he graduates next spring. We are SO VERY grateful for my awesome parents and their serious generosity in allowing us to move in and disrupt their quiet, empty house. We are also extremely happy that Tyler's mom and dad will be temporarily housing our little pup while we live with my parents. They rock!
In summary, Tyler and I are grateful for awesome jobs and awesome parents.
Change is a good thing!
The End!

18 comments:

•stephanie• said...

did you cry while you wrote that?
i might have.
a little.

Josh and Katy said...

Happy for you but we are sad you are moving! Good luck in all your new adventures. :-)

Alisse Baldwin said...

Way to be brave & follow what you feel is right!

Being grown-up isn't as fun/easy as we always thought it would be, huh? Oh well. Maybe someday we can get together on a summer day and play Shanghai (with our own made up rules of course), eat puppy chow, and watch Ricki Lake? Ok, maybe not that last part.

MichelleY said...

WOW - a new neighbor and chicken foot friend? I can't wait. NO - I do not live at the Jones' to answer your question...but I pretty much do. Good luck with the money saving. Wish we had a little more to save lately too, and frowny face on the economy and how it screws up people's good jobs - but everything always works out for the best. Watch out Harmony Ave - Mimi is back!

Unknown said...

I am not going to even pretend to be sad about it.... my selfish/almost always forward side says, "get over here!" You know we love you and know you can do anything! And if you make and eat puppy chow and play shanghai without me.... well, i wouldn't do much about it, but i would be very upset!

The Garlock's said...

Yeah the economy sucks but glad you found another job right away. Having lived with parents before its not that bad at all. I mean when your working and going to school all the time your never home but when you are I'm sure your mom will love the company and cooking you food. And you'll save a lot of money!

Cari Florence said...

I got my braces from Petersen/Rollins. They'd be great people to work for! Good Luck with all of the coming changes :)

The Williamson's said...

Hey they were my ortho! What a fun job I always wanted to do that. Good luck! We will miss you in the ward! I think that is great that you can move in with parents I used to always say I would never but I wont lie we have thought of doing the same just to save and get a house!

Shellene said...

I smell dominoes, Shanghai and Saturday night trouble...if you know what I mean (wink!)

Yolanda said...

5 weeks? Good gried girl, that's way too soon. I was thinking maybe May or something...I'm bummed. I'll miss your smart alleckness and your swollen tatooed face on Sundays...:(

Kelsey said...

hey hey i went to that ortho office. dr. peterson rocks my socks. the end.

Elisha said...

Hey, I totally want some hair clips still!! I was just thinking about them the other day! I will e-mail you and find a time to come pick them up! I work for Dr. Petersen the dentist (Dr. Petersen's brother). They are a great family! I am sure you will love it.

britney said...

Yes! Does this mean you and S-fresh will be over at the Jones' regularly for some sweet games? Count me in!

Stephanie Shumway said...

ack! I didn't realize that's why he got released on Sunday! and I'm sure you've already moved and I didn't even know it! We are sorry to lose you guys! Good move with the saving up money BEFORE he graduates... wish we had done that. Aaron graduates in 2 months and we have no idea what we're going to do!

Stephanie Shumway said...

oh BTW- Arlon Peterson was my bishop growing up! small world!

Andréa Morrow said...

Hey, I might be doing another boutique in May.. what is your email? if you are interested let me know.. dreadog7@gmail.com

Michael and Jaime said...

Hi Meems! I'm a blogger now!! Yay! I love your blog and I hope you and Tyler are doing well!

Unknown said...

Reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loveing this.

Cheers,



___________________
Susana
Best place for your complete Internet marketing