Monday, December 29, 2008

Fox10 News Internship

Well, I promised that I would update with a "news" story. So, here it is:
My internship at Fox10 ended a few weeks ago. It was the best experience and I loved meeting all the news people at Fox10. (After all, they are practically celebrities to me, the news buff.) But, I am glad that I won't have to wake up at 3:00am two days a week. That wasn't too fun. But, I am grateful for the experience and hope to possibly work in the news business later in life.
So, while completing my internship, I took advantage of the hook-ups that I had. I made a suggestion that they should do a feature story on my dad's medical situation.
Surprisingly, they LOVED the idea and back at the beginning of November, this lovely reporter, Laura Sambol, came to interview my mom and dad at their house. (I was present, of course. It was such a cool experience to be a part of it all.)

The story will be on tonight, Monday, December 29th. It will be their feature story in their "Only on Fox" segment in the 9:00pm news hour. Please watch it and tell everyone you know to watch it. It tells the story from the beginning to where we are at now. We are hoping with this news coverage that someone will be watching that can help my dad get better and back to the things that he wants to do. We all want our dad/grandpa back to his normal self!

My mom posted a reminder about the news story as well. Check it out here:

http://stuphfromsteph.blogspot.com/2008/12/set-your-dvr.html

** I will be putting a link on this blog tomorrow once the story has been aired for those of you who aren't in Arizona or miss the story. **

2 comments:

chris+amber said...

I can't wait to watch this! Way to be such a good hook-upper. And, oh, wow...there are no words to describe those Christmas sweatshirts! Too funny! What prompted you to purchase those?!

•stephanie• said...

thanks for the post & text reminders.
oh, and welcome home.