Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'M THE NEWEST.....

..... INTERN AT FOX10 NEWS!
That's right, yours truly will be working with Ron Hoon, Rick D'Amico, and Alexis DelChiaro on Monday mornings in the newsroom and Kari Lake and John Hook on Tuesday afternoons/evenings in the newsroom. I can't wait. I start on Monday. Wahoo!
You might think I'm a news dork....
AND I AM!
I LOVE THE NEWS!
And yes, I do know all their names at FOX10 News! They are my favorite for sure. I watch FOX10 religiously, in the morning while I get ready and either at 9:00pm or 10:00pm every night. I'm doing the internship for credit for school, but hope that it might turn into a real job someday. I'm excited to see what this new internship brings and what I'm going to learn. Wish me luck!
Side note: I practically have to buy a brand new wardrobe for said internship.... Apparently, jeans and t-shirts are not considered professional. Dang! Wish me luck in the shopping department as well. Business slash profesh clothes, here I come!

14 comments:

Em said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Try Kohls or Forever 21... I always see cute stuff there with the cute jackets and stuff that you could totally pull off. Good luck!

MeL said...

Holy crap! That's amazing! I didn't think that real people worked at the news, just news people and Hilary Banks when she was a weather girl (any Fresh Prince fans?) Congrats on something so ridiculously exciting!

chris+amber said...

I can't believe how perfect this internship is for YOU! CONGRATS!! I've told you this before, but I can always rely on you when I need to know the latest! You're also my personal weather-WOman. Go girl!

ANDERSONS said...

Wow! That is awesome, I am so excited for you and Good luck, I am sure you will make a great impression.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Congratulations! What a cool experience! And yay for a reason for a new wardrobe- I need to get hired only long enough to get a new wardrobe! haha. Good luck!

The Garlock's said...

How fun, I totally watch fox 10 all the time too. That sounds so exciting and what a good reason to get a new wardrobe!

Laura Blue said...

congrats... good luck and enjoy your shopping. it's always nice to have an excuse to go shopping and it's fun to get new cloths. can't wait to hear how it all goes down.

Nicole Black said...

That is so COOL! Who gets to do stuff like that, really? How exciting. And an excuse for new clothes is always fun. Wahoo! Way to go!

Kelsey said...

wow how super exciting! i love it. good luck. we still need to have our catch up chat now.

manders said...

Its true. You are a news-lover. This is the perfect internship for you and I hope it does, indeed, become a job someday! I'm happy for you, Mimi!

Elisha said...

That is so awesome! I am a total news junkie too, Brett totally makes fun of me for it! Way to go, that is really neat!

Cam and Mele said...

HOW FUN! You'll do great!!! I wish I liked the news. I watch it, but it frustrates me, so I end up turning to a lame teen made up perfect life show on another channel.

P.S. You can visit me any evening besides Tues. or we can stick with the Sundays;) (sorry I didn't email you back, but this'll do, right?)

Darrell and Ashlee said...

how exciting, congrats! I love fox 10 news! that is the only news station I watch!

Brenden+Nikki said...

Amelia!! That is so awesome!! I know how bad you wanted that internship.... :)