Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pain is Beauty! Or So They Say....

Last night, I had Chelsea (Allen) Lake tattoo my eyeliner. I was her original guinea pig during her week of training. I was her very first model and had her tattoo my eyebrows. Chelsea doesn't use a tattoo gun, like some other permanent makeup places. She uses a method called SofTap. I am so happy that I did my eyebrows and eyeliner. Apparently, I swell up like a champ! My eyes are way swollen today, but I'm a trooper and am at work anyway. Chelsea is awesome at what she does. She also does esthetician stuff too. Call her to get a consultation for permanent makeup (480-205-2472). She works out of Leah's salon, Salon Boutique, on Val Vista and Williams Field. Check out my pictures from last night right after we were done with my eye liner.

9 comments:

•stephanie• said...

congratulations, but OUCH!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am jealous. I want to get that done so bad! It looks great and I am sure will look even better without the swollen eyes! haha. That looks like it hurts though! And I meant to text you on your b-day and say Happy Birthday! I will forever remember your birthday! Glad it turned out great- and CUTE HAIRCUT!

chris+amber said...

YAY!!! Looks superb! I am glad to know there IS a way to do permanent cosmetics WITHOUT needles. Needles in my face freak me out!

Lori Taylor said...

You're way too brave!!! It looks great! Is the saying true - No Pain, No Gain!?

Elisha said...

Wow! That looks really good! I am up for anything where there isn't a bunch of needles being poked into my skin!

emmielou said...

Lookin great Meems! Ya, did you think the eyeliner hurt more than the eyebrows? Cuz, I did! Looks great though, my eyebrows have faded quite a bit and I want to get my eyeliner thicker when I get back.

Unknown said...

it looks great! what exactly did they use if not a tatoo gun? still a needle type thing? i don't know if i could handle getting that done or not... you're brave!!!

angiedunn said...

Way to brave!

I love the idea of not havin' to apply every frappin' morn....that rocks!

Amelia Johnson said...

Just to clear some things up, I didn't have the permanent makeup done with a tattoo gun, but there were still needles involved (sorta). The SofTap method uses an instrument that has a razor-ish tip and the color is used on the razor to apply the makeup permanently. So, yes, I did bleed (not too much, just mostly swollen) and a sharp instrument was involved. Sorry to get your hopes up! It was still way worth it!