Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine's Day.....

Last year for Valentine's Day, Tyler got me Midnight Pomegranate lotion, bubble bath, and spray. It smells real yummy!

But, Tyler knew the real way to my little heart was this all-time hit movie.... in DVD form (not the VHS version with a tattered case that the Romney family had treasured for many years)!

For those of you who don't know, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is seriously my all-time favorite movie. "It is so choice!" I became obsessed with this movie in my early childhood and my love of it has only grown fonder over the years. I have extremely fond memories of rockin' out with my crimper as a microphone during the parade scene as a very young child and quoting many lines from this classic movie! All Romneys quote this movie often and I think Tyler believes I am a sick human being whenever we watch this movie (which only happened once, I think) because I can literally quote the whole thing word for word. I LOVE IT! I laughed aloud at work while finding these movie quotes online. That is how disturbing my obsession with this movie is. If you haven't seen this movie, you must! I will make you! You can borrow mine I guess.
Cameron: Why'd you kick me?
Ferris: Where's your brain?
Cameron: Why'd you kick me?
Ferris: Where's your brain?
Cameron: Why'd you kick me?
Ferris: Where's your brain?
Cameron: I asked you first.
Ferris: How can we pick up Sloane if Rooney is there with her?
Cameron: I said for her to be there alone and you freaked.
Ferris: Now, I didn't hit you. I lightly slapped you.
Cameron: You hit me. Look don't make me participate in your stupid crap if you don't like the way I do it. You make me get out of bed, you make me come over here. You make me make a phony phone call to Edward Rooney? The man could squash my nuts into oblivion. And-and-and then, and then, you deliberately hurt my feelings.
So, I wonder if Tyler can top it this year.... We put a limit on our gifts for each other this year, only $20.00. We both have birthdays coming up and those are more important anyway! He already got me a present and it is hidden in our house somewhere. I haven't bought his yet, but I have an idea of what to get him. So, what are you getting your Valentine this year? Do share!

3 comments:

•stephanie• said...

did you know that i left a comment about you and this very movie on another blog?

http://motherlessjonesgirls.blogspot.com/2008/02/little-known-fact.html

it is truly a sickness.

happy valentine's day.

Unknown said...

I have never actually fully watched Ferris Bullers Day Off...sad, I know. I have only seen bits and parts and from what I can tell it is funny but one of these days I need to watch the whole thing. Anyways, me and Allen went and bought Roller Blades for each other and they are amazing. We went blading yesterday...we like to call ourselves pro-bladers. Anyway I got him something else... but its a secret!

chris+amber said...

Oh...gotta love FBDO! I was so excited to go visit Jeff & Lora in Chicago when I was 7 because of this movie! Ha...pathetic. I always try to do a handmade V-day gift for Chris. Jk...one year I did "100 things I love about you" and I made him one of those fleece blankets...the kind where you don't have to sew...just tie two fabrics together...like the ones you made for my girls. Longest comment ever! Sorry!